Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blood Test at Manila Endocrine Laboratory



I just had my blood tests done here at Manila Endocrine Laboratory this morning. It's been more than a year since I last checked my LAT, APAS and NK Cells.  Since we're planning to go through IVF, we decided to have these rechecked again and see if there are still problems...  At least, we can still work up on the problems before going to Taiwan for the IVF.  Though our doctor in Taiwan do not believe that my immunological problems are the cause of my infertility, we chose to work up on this side as well.  Better safe than sorry.  This is because I have heard some people who have gone through IVF without fixing their immunological problems first, and they got negative results in the end... 

This is the gate of Manila Endocrine Laboratory.

  
Took this picture while inside the car because it was raining this morning when we went there.


Go straight inside and you'll see this clinic.


This is the blood extraction area.


The tourniquet (tight band) has been placed around my upper arm... and now the medical technician is looking for the vein...

After putting alcohol on the skin over the chosen vein, the needle connected to a syringe was then inserted into  my vein. Ouchy!!!


Extracting bbloooooddd....


After extracting the required amount of blood, the needle was removed.  The small wound was pressed on with cotton for a few minutes to stop bleeding and prevent bruising.  My blood was then placed in these vials. (Only 4 vials in front)



Cost of the tests:
Lymphocytes Antibody Test (LAT) - Php3,500
APAS Test - Php5,000
Primary Immuno Deficiency Panel 1 (for NK Cells) - Php5,800
Total: 14,300

Only a few laboratories do these testings and prices vary.  LAT and APAS tests can be done in PGH-Medical Research Laboratory (Contact Number 5548400 Loc. 3232) every Monday to Friday, 8-10am. Results are released every Friday. Prices are Php3,500 and Php6,410 respectively.

For the Primary Immuno Deficiency Panel 1, you can also have it tested at St. Luke's Global (Contact No. 7897700), 2nd floor pathology for Php5292.  Actually, even if you have it checked at the Manila Endocrine Lab, they will send it to St. Luke's Global for the testing because they are only the ones who can do this kind of testing here in the Philippines.  APAS and LAT testings can also be done in St. Lukes, but are more expensive.

Results:
The results of my APAS tests will be sent to me via email tonight. As for the LAT and NK cells, most probably I will get them on Saturday.  

They run the LAT testings every Friday morning and results are out in the afternoon or by Saturday mornings. So if you want to get your results asap, it would be better to have your blood extracted by Thursday of the week.

For the NK cells test, it usually takes about 2-3 days for the results to come out if you do it in St. Luke's.  So here in Manila Endocrine Lab, results are expected around 3-4 days since they have to bring the blood to  St. Lukes.

Note:  Fasting of 4-6 hours is needed if you are going to do the APAS test.

How to go to Manila Endocrine Laboratory:



That's all for today.  I will update you again of the results as soon as I get them. Till then...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi i have just read your post and im just so happy because my infertility doc told me to have the APAS test after our 2nd failed iui..and my prob was i dnt have any idea where to go since im not from manila..but when i read your blog, it was so useful.so most prob i will be going to MEL to have the test. As to my our case, actually, our doc is wondering why i couldnt conceive since my tubes are patent, im ovulating, not polycystic..she suspects its immunologic problem..im really hoping and praying for God's intervention..baby dust to us! God bless us all

Ann Reese said...

i had my D&C last Nov, 2015. My doctor advice me to have torch tests. and the cost of the test is too expensive. Do i need to take her advice? or is there any other test to find the reason why i miscarry?

Unknown said...

How much for beta 2 glcoprotien Igc/Igm
Anticardiolipin IgG/IgM
APTT
DRVVT
SCT

Unknown said...

How much for beta 2 glcoprotien Igc/Igm
Anticardiolipin IgG/IgM
APTT
DRVVT
SCT

Unknown said...

How much for beta 2 glcoprotien Igc/Igm
Anticardiolipin IgG/IgM
APTT
DRVVT
SCT

Unknown said...

Hi please update this blog. Thanks

Shella said...

How much is the torch test?

Unknown said...

approx 4k (charity rate) in PGH

Unknown said...

there would also be Bloodworks near Ateneo as an option for these tests, though I haven't asked for their latest rates.

Unknown said...

How much po estradiol and testosterone tests

Unknown said...

I had 4 miscarriages 1st 12 weeks 2nd 7 weeks 3rd 20weeks 4th 9 weeks what can you suggest for me to do what kind of tests and how much i want to got pregnant

Unknown said...

Hi mommy! Good day. I wanna know when you had 4miscarriages if you experienced bleeding? I hope I would get the answer. Thank you so much and hoping for your next successful pregnancy soon. God bless.

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...