Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Consultation With My Immunologist



I went to Dr. Lara Theresa Alentajan-Aleta, my immunologist at the Don Santiago Bldg. across PGH in Taft Avenue last July 10, 2012.  I presented to her the results of all the blood tests I’ve done and here was her interpretation.

My LAT was back to negative. 

My KCT was high.

My NK Cells was also high.  (Though it was within normal range, according to Dr. Aleta, the cut-off should be 12.  Mine was 14.39.)

So, my options are the following:

1. LIT – Lymphocyte Immunotherapy Treatment (solution for Category 1 and 5 problem)
2. IVIG – Intravenous Immunoglobulin (solution for Category 1 and 5 problem)
3. Intralipids infusion (solution for Category 5 problem)
4. Take aspirin 80mg once a day (solution for Category 2 problem)

I told Dra. Aleta that we are planning to have IVF in Taiwan by September 2012.  So, we are doing this in preparation for the IVF.  

According to her, we can either have IVIG before going to Taiwan or have LIT. 

IVIG is more expensive and it will only stay in my body for a month.  LIT, on the other hand is cheaper (but will need at least 4 sessions or more depending on my body) but once my LAT is up, it could stay in my body for 6 months.  If within 6 months, I don’t get pregnant, I have to have booster shots to maintain the LAT. This, I wasn’t able to do before, that is why my LAT returned to 10% and 5%, which is considered a negative reaction.  So, it is very important to remember this: Booster shots within 6 months if you don’t get pregnant to maintain positive LAT.  If not, you’ll have to do it all over again, just like me.

So, Dra. Aleta and I agreed that we will have LIT since I still have time to do it before going to Taiwan.  So our schedule is this:

July 17 – LIT using 2 donors

July 31 – LIT using 2 donors

August 14 – blood test

Then we will decide from there if I need additional LIT and if I still need to have intralipids infusion.

Another thing I asked Dr. Aleta is how can I increase my LAT naturally.  Her answer: Avoid xenoestrogens.  Avoid processed and canned foods.  Avoid using styro and plastics.  Do not use fabric softeners.  Stop using make-up and lotions that contain paraben.  Avoid eating meat.  It is ok to eat fish, vegetables, fruits, seafood, organic eggs and free range chicken.

She asked me if I am taking any vitamins and I said I was taking Usana Essentials, Calcium, Biomega and Proflavanol.  She asked me to continue taking the vitamins and on top of this, she prescribed Glutathione 500mg, 1 capsule daily.  The brand she prescribed was Cosmo Skin which can be bought at Watson’s for Php45 per capsule or Php1350 per bottle of 30 capsules. 

That's it for my consultation with Dra. Aleta.  

I'll be posting my LIT session soon.

Have a great day ahead!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more
than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything.
However think of if you added some great photos
or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your
content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could definitely be one of
the greatest in its field. Fantastic blog!

My site; No2 maximus review

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear, are you really visiting this site on a
regular basis, if so then you will definitely take good knowledge.


my blog post :: Cambogia Trim Reviews

Anonymous said...

Hello there I am so delighted I found your website, I really found you by error, while
I was looking on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am
here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.

Check out my site garcinia cambogia for weight loss

Anonymous said...

we'd like to thank you for the detailed information on infertility and miscarriages. I was in Cebu when my husband found and read about your blog. I already had two miscarriages, but we were not advised to undergo any test as you've mentioned. So we took the guts and coordinated with Manila Endocrine laboratory and luckily they referred us to an immunologist before taking the test. Last July 1, we took the test and we have just received the results on friday. We found out that my LAT was very low, both HLA were 8%, and that makes it a neagtive. guess we need to to under LIT very soon...

Anonymous said...

i'll be needing one immunologist to see why i always have this secondary fungus ...and last jan 31, i god operated re: this case, and now it's here again.

hoping to be well soon i have a psorisis for almost 13 years

Anonymous said...

Hi! ill be needing immunologist because i was diagnosed having APAS. can u give me the address and the contact number of this doctor? thank much. nice blog

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog. Im journeying the
where you trod. You inspire me to keep on fighting just when I'm about to give up. Cheers! - mom of 3 angels.

Unknown said...

Great blog. So much useful for me as I am also facing infertility issue And taking treatment from IVF centre, Delhi.

jasonbob said...

authentic jordans
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
jordans shoes
golden goose shoes
golden goose
supreme
off white hoodie
off white jordan 1
kd 13
golden goose slide

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...