Friday, July 6, 2012

LAT Result

Here’s my recent LAT result from Manila Endocrine Laboratory (MEL).



I should have gotten the result already last Friday.  However, Ate Aw of MEL called me up and told me that my result was very low and since she knew that I had my LIT sessions done before, she was surprised with my very low result.  So just to be sure that there was no error whatsoever on their part, she wants my blood to be retested again by a different laboratory to verify and confirm the result.  Just so that both of us can have a peace of mind, she had it retested without me paying anything in addition to what I have paid for.
  
The result came out already and here it is…




Both results showed that my LAT is back to negative again.  It’s been more than a year already since I had my LAT checked… If I remember it right, it was last April 2011 when my LAT has increased to 100% but with only a reaction code of 4 (positive reaction).  That was after 9 LIT sessions.  Since then, I haven’t checked my LAT and did not undergo any LIT session.

For those of you who are not familiar with LAT and LIT...

LAT - Leukocyte Antibody Test
- This test is done to measure if you produce blocking antibodies to stop the immune system from attacking and rejecting the fetus.  The problem is when the woman shares the same antibodies with her partner; in other words the couple’s DNA is too similar.  Normally the father’s DNA in the embryo tells the mother’s body to set up a protective reaction around the baby.  But when this blocking effect does not happen, the baby is rejected. 

LIT – Lymphocyte Immunization Therapy
- This is the treatment for those who have negative or low leukocyte antibodies, in which the male partner or donor’s white blood cells are injected into the woman to help her body increase the level of leukocyte antibodies in her blood.

Low levels of leukocyte antibodies have been linked with fertility problems.  Women with lower than normal levels of the antibodies are more likely to experience miscarriage, have stillbirth and have repeated spontaneous abortions.  Those struggling with infertility especially those with unexplained infertility, multiple miscarriages and continued IVF failure can benefit from this test.

Normal result should indicate that you have tested positive for leukocyte antibodies in your bloodstream.  A normal LAT level is above 50%.

Borderline normal results mean that you do have leukocytes antibodies in your blood, but in less than typical quantities. A measurement between 30% and 50% is considered borderline.

Abnormal results indicate very low levels of leukocyte antibodies in the bloodstream. Levels of less than 30% are considered abnormal. (Source:www.sharedjourney.com)


This I think is one of the factors contributing to my infertility.  Though my LAT has increased to 100% already, the reaction was only 4 which meant that it was only a positive reaction and not a strong or very strong positive reaction.  Most likely, my LAT level at that time was just borderline.  I should have continued my LIT sessions then...  Oh well, now I’m back to zero and I have to start all over again...

They say that the leukocytes antibodies from the LIT can stay in your body for 6 months.  That is why once your LAT has increased to 100% and has a very strong positive reaction of 8, you should get pregnant within 6 months.  If not, you have to have booster shots to maintain your LAT.

I have yet to consult my immunologist with regards to the result.  I will update you again after my appointment on Tuesday.

Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there! its my first time to do lat after 4 sessions of lit at manila docs. I just received the email of my lat results from immunotx and it showed strong positive reaction on hla1 and a very strong reaction on hla11. Based on what ive read on your blog i think God has answered our prayers after losing our little angel last nov at 33 wks aog. But i will be having my follow up consultation with my dr. tomorrow. i wanted her to be the one to officially confirm it for us. Thanks for sharing. I do pray that you already have your source of happiness by this time since youve wrote this blog 3years ago. Godbless you.

yanmaneee said...

cheap jordans
kate spade outlet
kobe basketball shoes
harden shoes
birkin bag
golden goose sneakers
kd 10
ferragamo belt
hermes birkin bag
longchamp handbags

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...