Thursday, June 23, 2011

When Enough is Enough – The Decision to End Treatment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/poyang/

One of the hardest things to decide upon on infertility treatments is when to stop.  “When should we stop?  When will we know that we have done all that we can?”  Do these questions sound familiar to you?  I’m sure these questions have popped into your mind at least once in your infertility journey.  When is enough enough?

We had our IUI last Monday, June 20, 2011 at Cardinal Santos Medical Center with Dra. Angela Aguilar.  Result of which will be known by July 7, 2011.

My husband and I have finally made a decision that this will be the last try of IUI before we take a break from infertility treatments.  We have practically tried everything and have also set time frames for each treatment to work.  Though we are still hopeful that this last IUI will work, just in case it wouldn’t, God forbids, we will be taking a “vacation” from all the treatments.

I have to say that it is a vacation, a break only, because deep inside my heart I know that I will always long to have a child of my own.  Giving up fertility treatments does not mean giving up all chances of getting pregnant.  It is just a resting period for us… a time to regain our strength and energy and come back stronger for the fight on infertility and make our dream of conceiving a child a reality.

Having exhausted almost all infertility treatments available, I believe that we have tried our best.  And since our OB and also Sister Liu said that both me and my husband are generally healthy and are both okay, I don’t see a reason why we cannot do it naturally.  Though I have explored the thought of going into IVF, my husband does not want to go into that and moreover, my OB and Sister Liu do not suggest us to do it either.  They say that we are still young and can still do it naturally.  They say that IVF is too much for us at this time considering our age and infertility case.

So for now, I have to let go and let God.  As the Bible says, ‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28).  Lord, I’m letting myself deep into Your hands.  I’m tired of carrying this heavy burden and exhausted from keeping up with this infertility journey.  So I’m going to just lay myself down on Your promises and rest.

Over and over the Bible repeats these words: “Wait for the Lord.”  Wait for God to act.  Wait for Him to do what no one else can do in your situation.  Your heart will be strengthened, “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.” (Psalm 27:14). 


“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4)


“I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope.” (Psalm 130:5)

We’ll have to wait for the result.  This IUI cycle will be the last of the many treatments I have done… the last because I am pregnant already or just because we have had enough… 

Which is which? I am still hopeful that it would be the first reason.  Please pray for us. Thank you!         

1 comment:

lucia said...

Human conception requires an egg and sperm. Poor ejaculation ,If you're not ovulating, you won't be able to get pregnant. Anovulation is a common cause of female infertility and it can be triggered by many conditions. PCOS,Over/underweight,primary Ovarian insufficiency,a thyroid dysfunction,.,hyperprolactinemia, irregular cycle, Blockage in the Fallopian Tubes, UTI. when the eggs release from the Ovary did not get to the Fallopian tubes you can not get pregnant Therefore use AGBARA Herbal Cleanser to clean up all this Infertility pains in Your Body and get pregnant easy..drcureherbalhome@gmail.com.. However, regular menstrual cycles don't guarantee that ovulation is occurring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...