Friday, July 15, 2011

Unexplained Infertility

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hlkljgk/

Hello!  I’m back.  It’s been a while since I have posted here in my blog.  To give you an update, my last IUI was unsuccessful… again!  I got my period last July 9, 2011. 

I was supposed to have my pregnancy test on July 7, but since I was nervous, I delayed it.  I took the test first thing in the morning of July 8.  The result was negative.  But since I still do not have my period yet at that time, I texted Dra. Aguilar.  She then asked me to take 1 tablet of Duphaston 10mg for 7 days.  Unfortunately, the next morning, I got my period.  L

This adds another cycle of failed IUI for me… making it 5 all in all.

This further confirms that I am categorized as “Unexplained Infertility” or “Doctors can’t figure it out group.”

We’ve ruled out every possible aspect already, however, the cause of infertility remains unknown.

But come to think of it, there are probably hundreds of “causes” of infertility, which in my case is just unknown yet.  There are a lot of things that have to happen perfectly in order to conceive and have a baby. 

As an overly simplified example of the science involved:
  • The hormones that stimulate egg development must be made in the brain and pituitary and be released properly
  • The egg must be of sufficient quality and be chromosomally normal
  • The egg must develop to maturity
  • The brain must release a sufficient surge of the LH hormone to stimulate final maturation of the egg
  • The follicle (eggs develop in structures called follicles in the ovaries) must rupture and release the follicular fluid and the egg
  • The tube must "pick up" the egg
  • The sperm must survive their brief visit in the vagina, enter the cervical mucous, swim to the fallopian tube and "find" the egg
  • The sperm must be able to get through the cumulus cells around the egg and bind theshell (zona pellucida) of the egg
  • The sperm must undergo a biochemical reaction and release their DNA package (23 chromosomes) into the egg
  • The fertilized egg must be able to divide
  • The early embryo must continue to divide and develop normally
  • After 3 days, the tube should have transported the embryo down into the uterus
  • The embryo must continue to develop and expand into a blastocyst
  • The blastocyst must hatch out of its shell
  • The endometrial lining of the uterus must be properly developed and receptive
  • The hatched blastocyst must attach to the endometrial lining and "implant"
  • Many more miracles in early embryonic and fetal development must then follow...
A weak link anywhere in this chain will cause failure to conceive.

The above list is very oversimplified, but the point is made. There are literally hundreds of molecular and biochemical events that have to happen perfectly in order to have a pregnancy develop. The standard tests for infertility barely scratch the surface and are really only looking for obvious factors, such as blocked tubesabnormal sperm countsovulation problems, etc. These tests do not address the molecular issues at all. That is still for the future.


In short, to get pregnant and have a baby is a miracle.  It is a gift from God.

I am patiently waiting for this gift… the gift to give birth to a new life.

Good things come to those who wait.  Just believe and trust in Him.  For when you trust in His love, miracles happen!

Happy waiting! 

3 comments:

Joyce said...

This is sad news but good to know you're keeping it in a positive light. we have to remember God's time is always best and perfect.

"Although ovulation is a law of nature, Conception is a law of God." - Edgar Cayce

kami selaznog said...

In God's time, I guess.. I am experiencing the same situation..

lucia said...

Human conception requires an egg and sperm. Poor ejaculation ,If you're not ovulating, you won't be able to get pregnant. Anovulation is a common cause of female infertility and it can be triggered by many conditions. PCOS,Over/underweight,primary Ovarian insufficiency,a thyroid dysfunction,.,hyperprolactinemia, irregular cycle, Blockage in the Fallopian Tubes, UTI. when the eggs release from the Ovary did not get to the Fallopian tubes you can not get pregnant Therefore use AGBARA Herbal Cleanser to clean up all this Infertility pains in Your Body and get pregnant easy..drcureherbalhome@gmail.com.. However, regular menstrual cycles don't guarantee that ovulation is occurring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...